When I say ‘almost paleo’ it is because I am not certain that all the aromatics I put in comply with the paleo rules. And ‘sweetish’ because I have not added a sweetener such as honey, but most people probably want to do that.
- 160 g almond flour
- 300 g mixed seeds (sesame, pumpkin, ……) and coarsely chopped nuts
- 2 tblsp baking powder
- 2 tblsp cocoa nibs
- 3 tblsp chia seeds, ground
- 2 tsp cinnamon (real, not cassia)
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 dl (100 g) almond or cashew nut butter (at a pinch, use peanut butter, which gives a slightly different flavour, but is definitely not paleo)
- 100 g berries/coarsely chopped dried fruit (here: frozen blueberries and goji berries). Dates, apricots, grated lemon zest, could also be used
- Fresh ginger, grated
- Sprigs of fresh thyme and rosemary, chopped
- Chili, in any way, shape or form, to taste
- 4 eggs and two egg whites
- 2 tblsp coconut oil, softened
Combine the dry ingredients in one bowl and the ‘wet’ ingredients in another.
Whisk together the eggs in a large bowl and add all the other ingredients plus 1 to 2 dl water. The ‘dough’ should have the texture of porridge and be relatively easy to mix.
Place in a greased baking tin and bake at 170 degrees for 50 minutes