Yields four small servings
- 30 gram dried seaweed (I like to use for example Nippon Shokken’s Mixed Seaweed)
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated ginger or galangal
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- Fish sauce or salt to taste
- 1 small red onion, chalotte or large spring onion, trimmed and finely chopped or sliced
- fresh chili, to taste, deseeded and finely sliced
- Fresh coriander to garnish
- Soak the seaweed in plenty of cold water for five to ten minutes.
- Combine all the other ingredients in a bowl.
- Drain the seaweed and squeeze out excess water.
- Toss with the dressing and garnish with fresh coriander