Pumpkin is a highly nutritious, low-fat, low-calorie, rich in fiber, and versatile product. Here is an easy pumpkin curry:
- 500 g cubed pumpkin (or butternut squash)
- Olive oil
- 1 green chilli (at least – to taste), sliced
- 2,5 cm cube ginger, finely chopped
- ½ tsp turmeric powder or a knob of fresh turmeric, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp ground coriander seeds
- 1 tbsp whole mustard seeds
- 1 tsp whole cumin seeds
- Pinch of salt
- Fresh coriander
Heat the oil in a frying pan and add mustard and cumin seeds till they sizzle.
Add green chilli, stir.
Add the pumpkin, turmeric, ginger and coriander seeds, and a little water if it seems necessary. Stir, cover and simmer slowly till the pumpkin is tender and the water has disappeared.
Just before serving, sprinkle with a handful of fresh coriander leaves.